Old 29-04-2012, 05:27 PM
addnos addnos is offline
Registered User

Apparently, you have never poured vinegar on a weed. If you had you would have found the weed died quickly. Anyone can do an experiment. Take a small cup of vinegar and pour it on a few isolated weeds. Be careful not to pour it on any grass or plants you like; they will all die! The question is always how much vinegar to dilute with water. That I cannot answer to because I don't measure when I blend. Experiment with different strengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereoid-UR12yo View Post
So is that crackpot Jerry Baker your "master gardener"?

A vinegar in water solution will not kill weeds. Mixed with olive oil, it
would make a nice vinaigrette for your tossed salad but that's about all.

Maybe if you used glacial acetic acid (no water at all) it might work but
that is an extremely toxic and volatile chemical for you to be playing with.

Chelsea Christenson wrote in message
My master gardener suggested a solution of vinegar and water for
killing the weeds that come up between the bricks in my patio.
Unfortunately, she's on vacation now, so I can't ask her: what is the
correct ratio of vinegar to water?