Old 30-04-2012, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Veg assistance please

On Apr 30, 6:13*pm, Moonraker wrote:
I try to be self supporting in veg, but always fail. We run out mid
Winter then nothing until early Summer except frozen. Any suggestions as
to which veg can be grown to fill the late Winter and early Spring
months please? I have lost all my Spring cabbages in their early stages
by greedy mice. Any regimes far all year round supplies?

if you are running out it's because you don't grow enough.
Grow stuff that freezes well.
Peas beans cauli etc.
Also fruit
Some suff can be converted to soups & then frozen. Tomatoes, cellery
etc.

Most roots will store or can be left in the ground until needed.