Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post
"Martin" lid wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:40:52 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin"
lid wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:45:05 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"tony"
wrote in message
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

I do so wish that people would not panic about drought. We have a
maritime
climate in the UK and it will sort itself.
We won't ever have too much sun or too much rain (but it will not come
exactly as we want it)
After a supposed drought, it's been throwing it down here most days for
three weeks, sometime for 36 hours and we have had floods.
It will work itself out. It always does.

but perhaps not this year.

Yes, it will. It always does.

It didn't last year. That's the reason the water levels in reservoirs
are so low.
--

It will sort itself out, we now have more rain than we need. Stop panicking
about the Uk climate.

"Met Office 3-month Outlook
Period: April – June 2012 Issue date: 23.03.12

SUMMARY – PRECIPITATION:
The forecast for average UK rainfall slightly favours drier than average conditions for April-May-June as a whole, and also slightly favours April being the driest of the 3 months. With this forecast, the water resources situation in southern, eastern and central England is likely to deteriorate further during the April-May-June period. The probability that UK precipitation for April-May-June will fall into the driest of our five categories is 20-25% whilst the probability that it will fall into the wettest of our five categories is 10-15% (the 197-2000 climatological probability for each of these categories is 20%)."

Garbage in garbage out