Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Bad weekend

On Apr 30, 8:26*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Apr 30, 4:21 pm, "Pete C" wrote:

Allotment has standing water and weeds are rampant. Not much I can do atm.
My plastic greenhouse (Wilco) tok a buffering, even in my secluded garden.
So much so, all my trays of seedlings were thrown to the floor. Lost a lot
of peas and toms. Most annoying, my sweetcorn (indoors) all suddenly
keeled
over and died. Tips of leaves brown, base of stems transparent. Too
much/little water? Thoughts?
Pete C

Sweetcorn
Probably too cold/waterlogged., hence rot /fungus.
Needs around 20degC & good drainage.
I have just planted mine in propagator. (Set @ 20C)

Thanks. Yes there is fungus on the surface of the compost. Try again !
Pete C

Spray surface of compost with fungicide. Copper based if you can get
it. This helps with all seedlings ,esp. under glass.
You can put glass/clingfim on seed trays to retain moisture if sprayed
with the fungicide but dodgy without spraying.