Old 21-04-2003, 10:32 PM

Default pond on auto pilot

not harsh at all. after taking spring break at Jo Ann's I have come to the
conclusion that I am seriously overfeeding my koi. Jo Ann and Steve got a pond full
of huge koi, like 60 koi from 18-30 inches long and many of them that pudgy shape in
the middle full of eggs. I saw Steve give em their one time a day feeding in the
evening, he says it is 1 PINT of food. OK.. so it looks like between 1-2 pints. In
any case, that isnt much food, they DONT have anything else to eat in the pond cause
there isnt lots of algae or veggies. and those suckers are growing, I know cause I
saw em 4-5 years ago. Ingrid

(JJ) wrote:
Also, if you don't already, include a distinct looking scoop or other
measuring cup in the koi food container and have the folks use that vs
"a couple of handfuls method" and tell them if they forget to feed one
day, don't "make up for it". Yes, I know this sounds harsh...