Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Bad weekend

harry wrote:
We have a gadget makes pots from newspapers. I plant seed in these &
put in heated propagator. Takes about 10 days to appear.

Paper potter! (I discovered they do them in 2 different sizes now) I've not used ours this year as they've stopped putting 3 free papers through the door each week now. :-( I should remember to pick up a Standard on the train tomorrow.

They are a great idea, but I found they're a bit unforgiving to the lazy when I did my beans in them last year. I left them sitting in the bottom of the greenhouse and didn't keep an eye on them and I ended up with a huge sodden lump of mouldy yuck (and some bean plants, which kept going, so all not lost, I guess).