Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Lily Beetle

Sacha wrote:
Found my first of the season this morning. :-( A mating pair, no
less. Can't even feed them to the chickens ...

Hallo, Vicky! Nice to see you back. I don't think lily beetles have
got this far yet. If they have, we haven't seen them! Istr reading
some time ago that they're only found in certain areas. Is that correct?

I believe that that is correct, but I was under the impression they covered the south up to the midlands. I guess it's only the eastern side of the south so far. Probably only a matter of time till they get to you, I'm afraid. (May be hope for the north if it's a bit cold for them, though)

Do you get asparagus beetle? I am told they are related.