Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Drought

In article ,
says...
It will sort itself out, we now have more rain than we need. Stop panicking
about the Uk climate.
It might not do what you want, exactly as you want it, or when you want it
but we will be fine in the end.

Hardly, given that the survival of our farming industry is heavily
dependent on short-term climate. How many failed crops can an arable
farmer can survive? If his feedcrops failed, what does he feed his
livestock with next winter?

It would not be fine, if this small crowded island population had to
depend entirely upon imported food.... for people or meat livestock.

Janet