Old 01-05-2012, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default I'm tired

On Tue, 1 May 2012 10:29:29 -0400, songbird
wrote:

We already have plenty canned. I
am thinking about soy beans and some lentils.

edamame soybeans?

edamame being the Japanese word for 'green soybean'. g

I'd love pointers on how to improve the yeild from mine. I only grew
half a dozen plants of them last year, and when all was said and done,
I got perhaps four cups of dried beans (actual beans, not the pods)
out of the lot.

I have some mung beans growing, but I've never grown them before
(outside of for sprouts). They're all remaining awfully small -
basically not much larger than a sprout.