Old 01-05-2012, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Back home to survey damage.

On May 1, 3:34*pm, Baz wrote:
We have had very hard rain for weeks (North Lincs.) and it became so
servere the other day that our insurance company strongly advised us to put
our belongings upstairs and get out.

Well I have had a look today at home and it doesn't seem too bad.

The garden is very wet, but at least not got too much standing water. No
plants to salvage I think.

The ground floor of the house is damp and peeling back carpets reveals
seeminly damp floors. Rub a cloth over the floors and they are wet.

The footings of the house are what worries me most. Getting them wet then
dry can cause susidance.

I think the link below might be relevent.

http://tinyurl.com/d455lwm

A surveyor who was appointed to our case via the insurance company is sure
that it is sewage and he has cases where the sewage is not odourous because
it has been filtered through soil and agregates on its way to where it will
pool. Shifting the blame?

See you later
Baz

Good stuff he-