Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Primula weirdnesses (cue: RSH)

In article ,
Spider wrote:

Hope you can see this link. Third pic down on the right shows red
cowslips. The 'Description' suggests that red cowslips occur naturally,
although rarely.

Yes - that's the one I found. I am 99% sure that the original form
in my garden was NOT a red cowslip as such, though God alone knows
what it started out as. There are a few plants I still have that
date from the originals and are probably old varieties that are
almost unknown today. Nothing of national importance, but I keep
them on because - well, you know.

Incidentally, the red I had wasn't all that attractive, because it
was brownish - the yellow was and is a lot better.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.