Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Planting Grass Seeds

On May 1, 5:03*pm, Oozmiester
wrote:
So where are you guys from then ? *Bob and Trader4 ?

Here is my plan, thanks to the input from you guys:

I am going to aerate the whole garden.
Seed it so they go into the small holes.
Put some starter fertilizer down.
Put a net over the garden to stop the birds eating the seeds.
Then water, water, water.

I'll also do it at the fall as I have plenty of seed.

I'm not 100% sure about how the sprinkler timer works.
Can one of you guys explain, I'm being thick here.
I'd only be having it on possibly twice in one day while I am at work.
With a normal garden sprinkler you attach the hose to the tap, turn on
the tap and you have your sprinkler until you turn the tap off.

How does this timer work with the tap if you are out ?

--
Oozmiester

Everyone is guessing, including you, based upon no meaningful input
from you.
Answer these questions:

Where do you live? (USA north or south, Europe, etc)
What type seed are you planting? (warm or cold weather types)
Is your soil loose or hard packed? (sandy loam or clay)
Have you ever had a soil sample analyzed? (pH & fertilizer levels)

For example if your phosphate level is high, applying a starter
fertilizer is the worse thing you can do to your soil. If your pH is
low you need to add lime but if your pH is high lime is very bad. A
$10 test can get you a detailed report & answer these questions. Then
you can get meaningful advice.

Red