Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Tripp Tripp is offline
Registered User

Default Thinning out a VERY young bamboo?

Hi all

First time poster looking for a bit of advice.

I bought a P. nigra to experiment with. I plan to grow it in doors in a trough planter. know this is not recommended but I want to see what I can acheive.

I have thinned and maintained a few bamboo groves for people in the past but never dealt with such a young bamboo plant before

Anyway I bought a small (60cm tall and in a 5l pot) plant. at the moment it has quite a lot of very thin culms (a few mm). I was wondering if it should be thinned out now before I pot it on or whether it should be left to grow bigger before I thin it out? Also would 5l be too small to divide before I pot it on?

thanks