Old 02-05-2012, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default I'm tired

On Wed, 2 May 2012 09:45:32 -0400, songbird
wrote:

however, below you mention growing them with
pole beans and if that is the case they might
not be getting enough sun to produce well.

No, in an area adjacent to pole beans. Not intercropped with them.
They were to the southeast of the pole bean suppport structure, so no
shadow. I'm particular about where I let tall things grow in the
garden - mostly limit it to the North side of things.

perhaps they could use an innoculant.

Tons of N in the soil here, though I do use a legume innoculant as
well.

when you pull the plants out of the ground do
they have nodules on the roots?

Yea, all the beans end up having white rice/barley looking things on
the roots. First year I pulled up a bean plant, I thought it had a
bug infestation or disease.