Old 02-05-2012, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Veg assistance please

On 01/05/2012 17:16, kay wrote:
No Name;957583 Wrote:

I had red kale, curly kale and leeks all available well into spring this
year, although we didn't really eat much of them. And the old
greenhouse grow bags were used to get some lettuce/salad leaves going -
they didn't really get going until Feb/March, but there were enough to
pick a few leaves off during winter. Sprouts would be the other obvious
one, but personally I have terrible trouble getting my sprouts to grow.

Which reminds me - beansprouts can be grown at any time of year ;-)

Oh dear. I grew some of these in my early 20s. Once they'd grown (and
because I'd nurtured them), I thought they were to cute to eat. Just
couldn't bear the idea. I went out for the evening and, when I got
back, my mum had eaten the lot!

I'm not quite so soft now and I love eating beansprouts.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London