Old 02-05-2012, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Compost from recycling

In article ,
lid says...

On Wed, 02 May 2012 10:53:58 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 02/05/2012 09:39, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:52:35 +0100,
wrote:

Affects the UK as well as they are now in competion with us for French
Nuclear output. Britain has been exporting a lot to Europe this winter
much generated in Coal stations.

Are you sure?
http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/ shows electricity
being imported from France The Netherlands and Ireland.

Yes. He is right. During mid winter we were running all available coal
plant flat out in early Feb and exporting electricity to Europe. We were
briefly borderline for one cold snap but it didn't last.

I've watched gridwatch right through the winter. It has always shown
energy being imported from France and The Netherlands. How does
exported British electricity get to Germany?

Via the 1,000-MW BritNed interconnector (exports generated power from UK
to Netherlands where it connects to Germany).

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article...72H02Q20110318

Janet.