Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Nuisance magpies

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 May 2012 02:44:10 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:14:06 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
m...
.invalid wrote in message

Today a magpie took nine ducklings from a nest near where my daughter
lives.

So what's your opinion about magpies?

Better than my opinion of seagulls.
--

because of my location, gulls will not be problem. Magpies are.
I know the opinion of scientists is that they make no difference and maybe

You asked me my opinion. In my location gulls and jackdaws are
plentiful, ATM we only have a couple of magpies. The magpies are not a
problem.

They are a problem here, in my garden. Too many of them robbing every nest
they see.
BTW, if anyone has a songbird nest in your garden, do not ever look at it.
The magpies notice you doing that and then..it's eat the eggs or chicks.