Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Drought

On 2012-05-01 03:58:41 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk
Yes, it will. It always does.

It didn't last year. That's the reason the water levels in reservoirs
are so low.
--

It will sort itself out, we now have more rain than we need. Stop
panicking

Not quite Christina. We don't have more rain than we need because
groundwater levels are still so low. It sounds absurd when I think of the
lakes I saw stretching for miles yesterday and the streams we saw
overflowing their banks this morning. I can only assume that the ground
is dried out to such a depth that the water is running off it rather than
penetrating it OR it's lying on top of it, unabsorbed, so far.
Officially, we're still in drought.
--

It will turn out OK. Really, it will.
Tina