Old 03-05-2012, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Fern ID

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote ...

Found in a beech wood, about 10 yards from pavement along its boundary,
this a throwout (the root ball is not connected to the ground proper),
and presumably some form of ornamental fern.

It's the remains of last year fronds. As of today there was no sign of
fresh fronds.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/FernA.JPG
http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/FernB.JPG

Anyone recognise it?

It looks like the ones that keep growing in pots of other plants in my
greenhouse. If I like them I pot them up grow on and plant out somewhere
suitable.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.