Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Camellia woes

On May 3, 5:39*pm, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 3 May 2012 17:13:15 +0100, "Bertie Doe"

wrote:
For the last month, the leaves have been losing their deep green lustre.
Flowering seems to be the last straw, as they now appear mottled and turning
yellow. Soil is neutral to acid. Any thoughts? appreciated please.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ck8bzq7
Bertie

Old leaves, showing signs of sun scorch IMO, and due to drop fairly
soon. Possibly made worse by water shortage at the roots, now and/or
in the past, like last year. You don't say whether it's in a pot/tub,
or in full sun or shaded. If it were mine, I'd give it a feed with a
soluble general purpose fertiliser made up as per instructions on the
packet, and plenty of water, like several gallons if it's a big
camellia in the ground. Keep it watered in dry spells.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Just one thing, if you are going to feed it, make sure that you have
watered it very well first. A good high Nitrogen feed, remember they
form flower the embrio buds June, July so don't let them dry out
during that period.
(I can't see the pic as I just get text round the side and white
center)