Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia[_3_] Fuschia[_3_] is offline

Default Back home to survey damage.

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:15 GMT, Baz wrote:

Baz wrote in
2:

Thanks to everyone who has shown concern.

Today we have a firm from the insurance to dry out the ground floor.
Lots of dehumidifiers humming and buzzing with generators, almost silent
compared with the pumping noise nearby.

Insurer is glad to pay any expenses occurring including hotel. We do not
need that because we are staying at sons house, but even so they propose to
pay our upkeep and a bit extra. Goes on about inconvenience. Another
matter. I have got to say that our insurers have been very good, so far.
Even advising us to claim for carpet renewal.

Well they are admitting liability by drying the ground floor?
What a mess. All we want is to move back in.
Baz

It's very good to hear that they have treated you well Baz.
Let's hope it doesn't happen again.