Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Back home to survey damage.

Fuschia wrote in
:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:15 GMT, Baz wrote:

Baz wrote in
:

Thanks to everyone who has shown concern.

Today we have a firm from the insurance to dry out the ground floor.
Lots of dehumidifiers humming and buzzing with generators, almost
silent compared with the pumping noise nearby.

Insurer is glad to pay any expenses occurring including hotel. We do
not need that because we are staying at sons house, but even so they
propose to pay our upkeep and a bit extra. Goes on about
inconvenience. Another matter. I have got to say that our insurers
have been very good, so far. Even advising us to claim for carpet
renewal.

Well they are admitting liability by drying the ground floor?
What a mess. All we want is to move back in.
Baz

It's very good to hear that they have treated you well Baz.
Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Thankyou, Fuschia.
Just one bit of sh*t after another here. It will get better, sure of it!
We perhaps should have stayed put in the old house we lived in, instead of
this older and sh**tier one. Very much bigger garden here and more rooms
but we never even thought about floods, never been floods here.

Baz