Old 04-05-2012, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default OT washing machine

On May 4, 9:43*am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 3 May 2012 22:30:14 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On May 3, 11:16*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 3 May 2012 10:08:11 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill

wrote:
Put a load of washing in yesterday and after 6 hours and manny
attempts at different settings it was wet , washed but not rinsed or
spun out, verdict the machine is now past it.
After checking "Which" website I found a machine I liked so startrd
pricing it,
IU always thought Comet were quite good for price, but they wanted
just over £400 , ended with Co-operative Electrical Shop, free
delivery and the price was £289., ordered it this morning and will
have delivery on Sat, they will email me friday night with 90 min
delivery slot.
So tomorrow will be removing old machine, take out the slabs of
concrete, then the drum to use for growing a fig in, will have a few
bits to take to recycling, but not a lot.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Our Miele washing machine is having it's 20th birthday this year.
We have had two in 40 years with zero problems. The first one was
still working OK when we sold it after 20 years.
--

Martin

We have a Miele too, Never a problem with it, it's about twenty years
old too.
I will only get shot of it when it dies. I will get another Miele.

We changed because at the time the replacement model was far more
economical. The only Miele product that we have ever had a problem
with was the dishwasher, the programmer failed when it was under
guarantee and was replaced under guarantee within 24 hours. We
extended the guarantee to ten years. The heating element failed a few
months before the extended guarantee ran out, again it was replaced
quickly. The service guy from Miele told us that the dishwashers were
the least reliable of Miele's products. We have a Miele vacuum cleaner
that must be more than 30 years old and still going strong.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Very interesting. I think I'll get a Miele vac in that case.