Old 21-04-2003, 11:08 PM
LeighMo

Default 1) Chloramine removers and chelated iron 2) Phosphate.Nitrate removers

You forgot to tell us the most important thing: how much light do you have over
your tank? How many watts, what kind, etc.

Also, what the dimensions of your tank?

The LFS recommended API's Leaf Zone for the Iron.

That's a good choice for a moderate light tank. It contains iron and
potassium. For a high-light tank, a more complete fertilizer like Flourish or
Tropica Mastergrow might be necessary.

Question: Does the anti-chloramine part of the Aqua Plus also remove the
Chelated Iron?

I don't think that would be a problem.

When I oriinally set up my tank, the package I brought contained a 'tea
bag' which was supposed to remove Phophate and thus restrict algal growth.

Waste of money, IMO. My tapwater has tons of phosphate in it. (The water
company adds it as an anti-corrosive agent.) It doesn't cause any algae
problems.

pH 8.5
KH 7 degrees (125 ppm)

Wow. I guess you're not injecting CO2.

Lights on 09:00 - 18:00

That's 9am to 6pm in civilian time, right? Only nine hours. You should have
the lights on 10 hours at a minimum.

Just looking at your pH and KH, I suspect your tank is CO2-limited. Try
measuring the pH in the morning, just before the lights go on, in the middle of
the "day," and in the evening, at lights out.

Leigh