Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default cordless strimmer

On Sat, 5 May 2012 10:42:01 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

Do any of you own a rechargeable battery strimmer? If is it any good? I am
thinking of buying one for trimming those small corners that the grass
cutter can't get to. I have a 2 stroke 4 in 1 machine which is great but
takes too much faffing around to get it going for small jobs.

Mike

I've been through a few different ones but now have one of these:

http://www.gtechonline.co.uk/garden-...rimmer-71.html

which I won in a raffle. It uses little blades rather than a line and
this took a bit of getting used to - if you cut too close to something
hard the blade will snap or come off. But once I got the hang of it I
found it a lot easier as the blades last longer than the line before
it breaks! You get a pack of blades and additional packs as needed are
"free" apart from P&P from the manufacturer for the life of the
machine.

Gotta say I love it and hardly ever use the big one now.

FWIW I've seen it on sale for around £40-50 but can't remember where,
sorry.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.