Old 21-04-2003, 11:20 PM
LeighMo

Default SAE's, Amano Shrimp, CO2

Thanks very much Leigh. This gives me some good info to work with. I have
ordered the SAE's and Amanos, and hope they will arrive Friday.

You'll love them. They're so cute, especially when they're little. :-)

And don't have a heart attack if you see what looks like a dead shrimp in the
tank after a few days. My Amano shrimp molted shortly after I put them in the
tank. The first time I saw a discarded exoskeleton, I thought it was a dead
shrimp. Ghost shrimp usually eat the shed exoskeleton, but Amano shrimp often
leave theirs lying around to give the tank keeper a coronary...

I did some work in the tank yesterday, getting out the algae-infested
leaves. There are more to get out, and I may wind up doing some drastic
pruning and hope those particular plants will re-grow. There is not that
much algae left, but it cannot be removed from fine-leaved plants (like the
Foxtail which I really love).

If the SAEs don't take care of it, remove the affected parts of the plant. It
will grow back, and the SAEs will keep new algae from growing on them.

Good luck with the critters, and let us know how it works out!

Leigh