Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Acer has rooted through it's pot!

In article
, Dave
Hill writes
I'd lift them with a spade and see how much root is through the pot.
If the pots are cheap plastic then I'd break them off the root ball
(the pots that is) and repot the acers, you could cut out any thick
roots that had grown through but leave the small fiberous ones, do so
ASAP.

Yes I'd do same, if it's a clay pot you can then break it to get to the
plant. I don't think I'd risk cutting off a LOT of root!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph