Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default cordless strimmer

On Sat, 5 May 2012 10:42:01 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

Do any of you own a rechargeable battery strimmer? If is it any good? I am
thinking of buying one for trimming those small corners that the grass
cutter can't get to. I have a 2 stroke 4 in 1 machine which is great but
takes too much faffing around to get it going for small jobs.

Mike

Have had a Ryobi one for a about 3 years. I purchased it without
battery because I already had some of their other cordless tools and
so could use my existing batteries and charger and it was at a sale
price at the time so it wasn't too expensive.
If it is just the small corners or along an edging board between lawn
and bed then you might find such a machine okay,that is what I
purchased ours for. Heavy use like long or wet grass depletes the
batteries fairly fast, they will run the strimmer for a fair while
time but a period towards the end lacks grunt. I have used it on
heavier things like tall nettles and bramble but they have to be
really dry to achieve a good result over a meaningful area.

G.Harman