Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Are YOU guilty?

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , says...

Our front hard standing is concrete blocks, draining into a soakaway,
and the pavement outside our house (and others) drains into THAT!
I have thought of charging the water authority for drainage
services :-)

And all of our rainwater goes into soakaways or just into the soil.

Our entire garden is fully rain-permeable, and every drop of rainwater
falling on the house or mains water used in it for any purpose, is
returned to the earth (via drain and septic tank soakaways into adjacent
field.) From the field it trickles down a cliff direct to the sea where it
gets turned back into more bloody rain.

Janet

The point being that any rain water which wanted to get to the water table

Whereas once roof and road are in place, it's a case of down the drain
:-( ....Water table? Tough :-(

Mike