Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Lawn mower advice

mrcpea wrote:

We need a new lawn mower and want some sound advice.
There's around 50 x 30 feet of rear lawn & slightly smaller front lawn.
Have been using a flymo hover, but that's just about had it now.
What do peeps in here advise on buying?
Want something with a grass box, adjustable cut & easy to maintain.
Will electric be enough, or would a 4 stroke petrol model be the better
bet.
Budget is around £200.

I'm not sure if non-members can see this

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/garden/reviews/lawnmowers/bosch-rotak-40-ergoflex/review/
Bosch Rotak 40, currently a Best Buy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Ergoflex-Electric-Lawnmower-Cutting/dp/B004GTMNXI/ref=sr_1_5?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1336373894&sr=1-5

Or the larger Rotak 43
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Ergoflex-Electric-Rotary-Lawnmower/dp/B004JMY4SO/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1336373894&sr=1-4

There is also a smaller version, the Rotak 34, currently £79.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004ULX02A/ref=asc_df_B004ULX02A7750086?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&t ag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004UL X02A

I have one similar, and have been very pleased with it.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.