Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default OT but of interest to ex RAF urglers

On May 7, 12:10*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
Ex RAF erks will be interested to know that this year's massive parade at
RAF Cosford with the RAF Band on Sunday 20th May, will, subject to the
weather, have a fly past of the Avro Vulcan Bomber. It is due at Alrewas
Forces Memorial during the unveiling of the Falkland's Memorial at 12.45 and
it is being diverted to the RAF Cosford parade either 3 minutes before on
its way there, or 3 minutes later on its way back.

At 1300, the Battle of Britain Lancaster Bomber will give not just a fly
past, but a display as well.

Family Day which is free details herehttp://www.nsrafa.org/%5CDiaryDates.aspx

Chief of the Air Staff or his 2nd in command is the Reviewing Officer.

I will be with the Commanding Officer of RAF Cosford, but would be pleased
to meet any urglers or Gardenbanter subscribers and my wife would be pleased
to talk gardening. (There, that's brought it on topic)

Mike

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo straight..

One wonders why exactly why a former member of the RN reserve such as
yourself, seems to be fixated on anything to do with the RAF, even to
the extent of in the past running ex RAF service associations?