Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default morel farming

"Doug Freyburger" wrote in message
songbird wrote:

take a few and soak them in cool water overnight.

go out and dig a trench off to the side someplace
you don't mind not mowing for a bit if mushrooms
appear.

take some fruitwood sprinkle it with the water
you've soaked morels in. bury. wait. hope.

Has anyone anywhere ever managed to grow morel deliberately? I have
never heard of any.

Yes, there are many kits available, but they are only about 30% successful.
The most successful are the kits for the "burn site" morels. The process
involves layering ash and charcoal along with the spawn. Do a "Google"
search for morel kits, I believe you'll find quite a few.