Old 07-05-2012, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tiny grape sized oranges

John Black wrote:
what i would like to know is how to propogate these, or even if it can be
done in foreign climes.

I am not an expert, but I was under the impression citrus couldn't be grown
true to type from a seed and had to be grafted onto rootstock. We have had
kumquat trees in the past (bought from nurseries), but they have rarely
lasted more than a year, when most of our other citrus survive longer. I
would suggest that they are a bit more delicate than lemons (which are
relatively easy to grow here, if you can bring them in out of the cold)