Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 AM
rhubarb rhubarb is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams[_2_] View Post
I live in Ellicott City, MD and have been in this house
for 19 years. Yesterday there were three LARGE slugs on
our patio. First time we've seen slugs. From whence
did they come?
We live in Oregon and have plenty of slugs and snails here. We've had good success lately by hand-picking them in the middle of the night for a few nights in a row, and also by putting out beer traps (beer mixed with a little bit of yeast in small jars (e.g. baby food jars) strategically placed around the garden, especially close to areas where slugs are likely to come from.

We also got ducks, and there's nothing more satisfying than feeding the hand-picked bounty to our ducks.