Old 08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

I have now lifted the last of the leeks from my garden. I have also kept note of the weights of both VAM and inoculated charcoal leeks and non- inoculated leeks.

the inoculated leeks produced a 47% increase in weight as opposed to the control leeks. I have left 2 of the inoculated leeks in the soil as they have produced seed stalks and pods. I will seed save from them and offer these seeds to my allotment friends.

This season however I have purchased and sown organic Lyon leek seed stock, This I believe will be a much more weighty crop than the Musselburgh leek.

Now given that in the ago, it produced massive crops I will attempt to emulate this by using inoculated charcoal, VAM's and EM's. I do expect a greater harvest next year, however through seed saving from the best of the crop the weight and harvest hopefully will increase year by year.

This is how it was done in the past when we humans nurtured the soil, we just need to get back to this state of mind. Mother nature is unforgiving when her laws are broken, disease is rampant within our soils especially Fusarium and we are the culprits!!!

Everything nowadays is about financial gain, as "tonythehoe" once said "eat you're money"!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open

uriel13