Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Kumquat pest?

GardeningTexan wrote:
Hi! I planted a kumquat tree near my grapefruit and orange trees. It
was doing well, but now about half the leaves have a thin white film
over them. These leaves are wrinkling up and some of them have holes
in them like they're being eaten by small caterpillars. Under some
of the film, it appears there are small worms or caterpillars.

I have tried spraying them with a general garden insecticide, but it
doesn't seem to be helping. Any idea what the bugs are or how to get
them to go away?

If it helps, I'm in Houston, Texas.

Thank you!

Google citrus leaf miner.