Old 09-05-2012, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Moroccan broom query

In article ,
Hugh Newbury wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a new Cytisus battandieri to replace the large
one I have, which looks as if it will expire in the next year or so. I
would put the new one in a spot on its own and leave it to get used to
my climate. Can I then dig it up (carefully) and transplant it into the
proper site in a year or so? Or will it object to that?

It will object, possibly seriously. I would put it in a fairly large,
deep pot, and replant from that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.