Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Plant ID

In article ,
says...

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Red valerian, centranthus ruber is even more of a thug but I let a fair
amount of it grow because of the butterflies its flowers bring in.

I love valerian and would welcome that thug, but for some reason it just
won't grow here (mild, wet, coastal). Maybe too acid.

Janet (Isle of Arran)

Should be fine but you may find like here it prefers walls and you seldom
find a plant seeded into the ground, do you want some seed later in the
year? its the red form we have here (whether we want it or not!)

Yes please I'd love some seed. I have an old boulder wall which should
suit. I'll email you.

Janet