Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flood damage to garden, not everything is lost.

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
Now it has almost dried out, still very soggy, almost like a peat bog when
you put a foot onto it.

The first earlies of spuds are looking very yellow, some have rotting
foliage. Here and there can see a new green growth.

Broad beans are a sickly colour of yellow. None have rotted as far as I
can
tell.

One or two pea plants are showing where they were once doing very well
after the late autumn sowing.

Not going to do anything else this year. All of the work and manure I put
into it has probably washed out now, and although it is fine weather right
now, I have seen the forecast for the next 5 days!

Fruit trees? Who can tell. One minute some look OK, the next dropping the
blossom some have had from the "dry spell".

The outdoor tomatoes, runner beans and sweetcorn might do well if the soil
is OK soon. We had a plan, duh!

Good luck to everyone this (difficult) year
Baz

I think it was Alan Titchmarsh who said "plants want to live" - good luck
to you too with your drowned garden.
Tina