Old 13-05-2012, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
gregz gregz is offline

Default Quality Low Voltage Landscape Lighting ?

"James" wrote:
Does anyone here know of a high quality brand for low voltage landscape
lighting ? I have tried and tried fixtures from the big box stores , but
they are very cheap and seldom last more than one year.

I have not tried any led low voltage lights because I don't want the
bluish, garish look they cast.

Any tips on quality brands ??

Thanks !!

James

Funny, when I was making led lights, I searched around for some good buys.
Found an intermatic metal stake light. I paid like $10-$15 each. I know the
standard lights burn out frequently. LEDs are available in warm white, that
you would be pleased with. Unfortunately, most do have a bluish color. Look
for 3000 degrees or less. 2700 is ideal, of course they do make excellent
color types. It was a DIY project, not for the average person. And of
course, bought assemblies are probably going to cost at least $30 minimum
each. Another option is rope lights. They do sell waterproof led rope
lights, and you can buy dimmers. They are pretty bright, and I have a warm
white set I just bought. Mine are not waterproof, but can be cut at each
3rd light, to make individual sets. Mine are going t o be used under
cabinet, and emergency, effect lighting. That's also for the DIY. If I find
an example of led lights, I'll post it here.

Greg