Old 13-05-2012, 10:18 AM
gary lacey gary lacey is offline
Registered User

Location: isle of wight
Default Any advice appreciated on rose query.

We bought a bunch of pink roses last Oct from Morrisons and put them in a vase. After about 8 or 9 days we saw that a couple of the roses had started to grow new leaves. I cut off the dead heads, most of the bigger leaves and part of the stem and left them in water. When the new leaves continued growing I transferred then into some John Innes seed compost and after a couple of months into Some Arthur Bowers compost. The two roses are now approx 8 inches tall with a good amount of leaves. As I have never had roses in the garden before and do not know anything about the variety of these roses , I wondered if someone could maybe give advice on the following please:

Would I be better planting them in full or partial sunlight?

Will the new plants flower after being grown this way?

Any Help would be appreciated.
Garden tool buying advice, maintenance & general tips http://www.gardentoolslist.com