Old 13-05-2012, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Compost

I upset Alan Titchmarsh by growing everything in coir. I mix in
vermiculite for seed sowing. The main thing is getting the feeding
regime right as coir is both sterile and totally nutrient-free. I use
Westland multi-purpose or my own compost for larger stuff or JI No 2/3
with Perlite mixed in.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.

Virtual hydroponics then? The use of Rockwool etc proves that plants
thrive in any medium that incorporates air and moisture. Not my idea of
a flower bed mind :-)