Old 13-05-2012, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Deer

In article , lid
says...

With the country-wide range of posters in this NG, there must be some
experience of being bothered by deer.

Our previous garden was on a deer track.

I just wondered if anyone knew of
other plants which can be added to the lists below.

Plants they like:
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/...e.aspx?pid=184

add tulips

Those they aren't keen on:
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/...e.aspx?pid=185

add daffodils/narcissi and bluebells.

TBH the biggest bother we got from deer was tree related; I was
growing thousands of young trees and they would either nip out the top
leader , or on larger ones, rub off young bark with itchy new antlers.

They could easily have got into our veg garden but never did afaik. They
would come right down to within a yard of the house at night, to eat shrub
roses. Except rugosa roses .

Janet.