Old 13-05-2012, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Weed Crusade!

On 13/05/2012 08:31, princeofpounds wrote:

It's ground elder (Aegopodium podagraria). See he
'Ground elder / Royal Horticultural Society'
(http://tinyurl.com/csq4jtg)

--

Jeff

Thanks so much, that's the one. I'd looked through a guide and wondered
about ground elder but the picture didn't looks similar enough - but the
pic you link to leaves no doubt.

Googling it, sounds like a real pain. Still, at least I have an idea
what I'm facing now...

Just keep hitting it again and again (at 2 - 3 week intervals) with
glyphosate. Don't pull anything up - you want maximum leaf exposure to
the glyphosate. Hopefully that will deal with it, but if it's spreading
from a neighbouring garden I'm afraid it will keep coming back. You can
always try having a word with the neighbour to see if they will let you
spray their plants too.

--

Jeff