Old 14-05-2012, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Frosted tomato plants

Nick wrote

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

Err, outdoor tomatoes don't go outside until all chance of frost is
passed,
after Chelsea say, first week in June in most places including here.

See the Climate FAQ - wait for the arrival of the flying pigs!
You simply have to take a risk, even in the south, because there
is a significant chance even in late June, and all year in the
north.

I'll wait until my experience living in this area tells me I'm very unlikely
to get another frost. Yes some years ago we did get a grass frost on the 9th
June but that was a one off and didn't kill my Toms, only some of my
cucurbits, so the very end of May beginning of June is early enough here.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.