Old 15-05-2012, 09:13 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_4_] View Post
They love Japanese maples and Snakebark maples. They also love Cornus florida, young beech shoots.

In spite of 1.2 m fencing all around it, they ate the tender top off of
A. shirasawanum 'Palmatifolium' last week.
The first time I planted a japanese maple, it was rabbits that ate it, I saw them at it. It was a small one, and the rabbit managed to bend it over to eat the foliage right to the top. Subsequently I have managed to kill several myself without the assistance of any wildlife.