Old 15-05-2012, 04:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mangetout+pea woes

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
I maybe started them too early, very cold and wet/ the peas I started on
2
May are already showing as are the leeks I had to replant - they are up.

What happened to your leeks?

However, two or three or four leeks out of the 21 I sowed that got
totally
drowned and were under water for ages, are showing their little spears.

I have never managed to kill off leeks, however mean I am to them.

We had torrential rain for ages - I planted the original leeks in a cell
planter thingie and it didn't drain. Yes there were holes in the bottom but
the rain was too much. Very few have survived, but the odd one has.
My replants are doing well, a bit late now.