Old 15-05-2012, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Rhubarb

On Sun, 13 May 2012 01:06:46 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Yes thats the sort, I cut the sugar down to just about half a desert
spoon when I add the jelly.
I have done that mix with Birds custard, but never had a name for it.
Another one I havn't tried,
Years ago I was told by an old lady who had been a nanny during the
first world war. She used to cut rhubarb into 2 inch lengths; if thick
then she would split it in half; she would then dip it into a sweet
batter and deep fry it for the children.
David @ the sunny but still damp end of Swansea Bay

Oh that sounds delicious.

I made a (powdered) custard fool with the rhubarb recently.
Works for me.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk