Old 15-05-2012, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Compost

On May 15, 3:56*pm, "Jamie W. D. (@sowitgrowit)"
wrote:
Good thinking - done.

I am truly amazed that some people are so complementary about it.

Perhaps there is a QC issue and some is good and some is just bad !!

I've had some B&Q compost this year (3x 60l or 70l bags of it for about £12). They weren't the new 'Verve' B&Q branded, and most of it was fine. There were a few woody bits in the compost, more so in one bag than the other two.

On the whole it was fine, I just think their quality control is lacking so some "slips through the net."

Of course, they may just not care either way - once you know it's rubbish they have your cash I suppose.

Jamie.

I bought 6 bales a few weeks ago, they were mixed in with the new
"Rubish", the old compost was first rate,but this new Verve is c**p,
and that's being kind.
What gets me is they have the nerve to still carry the old reviews
that were for the old compost.
David @ the damp and windy end of Swansea Bay.