Old 15-05-2012, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Compost

"Jamie W. D. (@sowitgrowit)" wrote:
I am truly amazed that some people are so complementary about it.

Perhaps there is a QC issue and some is good and some is just bad !!

I've had some B&Q compost this year (3x 60l or 70l bags of it for about ?12). They weren't the new 'Verve' B&Q branded, and most of it was fine. There were a few woody bits in the compost, more so in one bag than the other two.

I have the same, 3-for ?12 B+Q (and arthur bowes from Wilkinsons) and
both are fine. Both have been mixed with vermiculite for seeds, and
are used neat for potting up